01 August 2008

Traveling

I was sad to leave Marcus and Stu yesterday after I had such a good time visiting them. I rode Greyhound from Idaho on my way back home, and before I left, I joked around with them about being murdered by a drifter while traveling. Haha! It was funny then, but um... kind of less so now, based on this recent incident in Canada: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/01/canada
"We heard this blood-curdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy sitting next to him repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times," passenger Garnet Caton told the Canadian press.
...
The severed head of the victim, described as in his 20s, was then displayed to the stunned passengers.
Holy CRAP. I'm glad the only frightening person I encountered was a guy with a swastika tattooed on his arm, who was openly discussing his criminal record. His other tattoos included a shotgun, and other stuff I couldn't make out because I was really, really busy minding my own business.

No comments: