24 May 2008

Gettin' hitched - with style!

Going to weddings makes me think about what I would and would not want at my own wedding. I don't want to have a crappy time at my own wedding by having to stick to boring "traditions"!

I have all these great ideas...

Like having the reception meal be all breakfast foods! Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? Eggs, bacon and sausage, pancakes, fruit, etc. I love this stuff so much that any time I eat it feels like a special occasion.

Also, I think the traditional wedding march is boring. It would be rad if the wedding procession came out to the theme from Rocky, and the bride and groom had to run down the aisle and up some stairs and jump around with their fists in the air.

When Stu told me he was on his way to the wedding rehearsal, I wanted to know what kind of moves he had to memorize. I was picturing some choreography where all the groomsmen and bridesmaids start out seated in the audience, then the lights suddenly go down and the music/lasers/fog machine starts and they all leap up and maybe vogue their way to the altar. The real ceremony did not turn out to be anywhere near that exciting...

Stu joined in on the hypotheticals -

Stu: Maybe I'd demand a live band or something
Me: demand to BE the live band. be like, i'm going to say my vows while cradling my guitar, deal with it.
Stu: I don't need to dance with my wife. I need to PLAY to my wife ALL NIGHT LONG

I love all these ideas, don't steal them from me! Or... DO THESE, and be sure to invite me. I will at some point stand up and start a slow clap for you.

No comments: